View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:53 am

Welcome
Welcome to XP-Waste!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 XpTracker - Utility 

RSN: Overblow
Post XpTracker - Utility
About
I was not really sure where I'd put this but I suppose this would be an ongoing progress report to something Runescape related.

Basically I created a program that tracks Xp gain rates in the game by using the in-game Xp Tracker tool (usually in the top right corner). I used to be a long time user of DGSweeper and these kind of utilities can provide a lot of in-game feedback and help to accomplishing long term goals.

Screenshots
Here are some screenshots of what I have so far, oldest being first:

After I was successfuly in reading the Xp Tracker, I just needed to make it look nicer. This picture here was a simple timer:

Everything was looking great, now to put our tracking stuff in.. and viola!

Upcoming Features
Currently this only works in Windows, but because I'm writing this with a cross-platform tool, I can distribute to Mac as well :)

I'll make a list of features I would like to add in the future:
    Loading Total XP for your account from Runescape (instead of manually typing it in)
    Graphical representations of some of the data, such as Xp To Level progress bars
    Ability to specify how much time to average over (beginning of XpTracker, every hour, etc)
    Pause/Resume tracking
    Better fonts

Download
Unfortunately, I will not be providing any download links until this is approved by the community and I will be posting the source code when I do so :)

If there are any comments/questions/concerns/suggestions, please post here and I'll try to address them as promptly as possible!

Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Highscores: 1
RSN: Faith
Post Re: XpTracker - Utility

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:53 pm
Researcher
Researcher

RSN: Meredith
I'm interested in how you're converting an image to text. That could be really useful.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:28 pm

RSN: Samb o
Hedgehog wrote:
I'm interested in how you're converting an image to text. That could be really useful.

One of many OCR libs and maybe some basic manipulation to make everything that isn't close to white dark so the OCR works better. Or they could just have a little tool to recognise text in the RS font like what Foot made a while back.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:49 pm

RSN: BZRC
Omg gogogogo That looks awesome. :)

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:31 am

RSN: Mickali
Looks interesting. I'll come back and check on this later to see if there's a download.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:46 am

RSN: 10bn
Sorry to gravedig this thread but did OP send the source to anyone? I'm working on something like this and having the source would really help.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:12 am

RSN: Olivia Wilde
I don't have source for you to play with but I can recommend several things:

Tesseract OCR is an excellent library for screen grabs (I know it is in homebrew, but I would be suprised if there wasn't a .deb/.rpm for it)

It has bindings for ruby or java/scala (since currently sweeper violates the GNU GPL v2 (however IANAL) I'm writing a cross-platform screenshot grabber in scala (however its fallen by the wayside due to the fact that I'm taking 16 units this semester + other irl commitments).

If you want help I would be the most useful if it was in ruby/scala, I don't know java very well. (scala is a compile to jvm language that does everything java can, but in addition is designed for concurrency and immutable data structures)

ImageImage

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]