View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:30 am

Welcome
Welcome to XP-Waste!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Some RS related research 

RSN: Bakey
Post Some RS related research
In short, I'm currently researching a lot of information and expanding what I know about how RuneScape works so that I have a strong enough understanding of the base of RS before working on a larger project about BA. Some of this is required to understand how the NPC's interact with objects, players and other NPC's. We can handle most of it ourselves, but there's some things which are very large/difficult to research and I haven't found anything about them personally.

1.) "Field of view" - How do NPC's decide what squares they are able to see, and what squares they aren't? (I'm assuming it checks for all npc's/objects/players within the visible range and then calculates if it can see them, but I don't really know). Upon request I can post some existing research that we have done into this, but in short it looks like Jagex may be using some algorithm similar to Bresenham's Line Algorithm. Then again, I could be completely wrong.

2.) Instances - In BA instances are effectively 'bound' to the leader of the team. I don't know if it's the same in Dg. Any stalls that the leader of the team does will affect a timer which things in the instance run on. An example would be that the first penance spawn at 6s in the wave, but if the leader were to stall (such as using a dispenser) they would spawn at 7.8s instead.

No other member of the team can affect things inside the wave using stalls, but can use stalls to remain inside the instance after everyone has left which is the concept of 'emote quick-starting' that some people may be familiar with. At this point I'm just looking for as much information about how instances work as I can get.

Thanks.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]