View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Welcome
Welcome to XP-Waste!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Micro Optimization 

RSN: T̆̔͐ͩͭ̆̐͛́̃͆͋̚u͚̦ǐ̓
Post Micro Optimization
This is a place for me to note various micro considerations to make.

ImageEscape

After opening a key door, escape can be used. Good for forks that might DE or placing one gate immediately after opening a door and using escape to try and DE the smaller path.
Skill doors?
This example is great because it saves 3 ticks instead of the usual 2, due to the table in the way. In general, escape is the least useful as it shares a timer with surge and saves fewer ticks.

ImageSurge
Ideal scenario. Saves 4 ticks optimally, although sometimes used to save 2 or 3. Can be queued as you enter a door (basically useless even if it has been opened already). If there's a monster in front of cw door, use barge instead.

The "for the love of god don't surge this room" room. Surge can save 1 tick. If you can losslessly be standing at the left side of SS door when opened, escape could potentially be useful for the pray door. Dno.

A diagonal surge to a nearby door will generally save 2 ticks. Diag-far 3. In this one, it can save 4 ticks due to the stuff in the way, however, you'd have to manually path it (click diagonally followed by surge) to do it.

ImageBarge
Separate timer from surge/escape so should be prioritized when possible.

A separate chat box for "group" chat that displays game messages can be useful, as seen in Bardock's setup. Less chat spam and is very nice if people call out all keys.

Hunter ferret - surge click surge, escape click

Adren stalling - thresholds and a good order of abilities are the biggest factors to high dps. consciously thinking about DPS should be done at times until efficient dps becomes a habit.
full manual is ideal as revolution stalls your use of gatestones and is less DPS, depending on how much you queue abilities yourself. ability queueing should be used as it makes manual much easier.
quick shield adren stalling is ideal so anticipation can be reserved for whenever a mage is spotted. anticipation is easier to use, however.

Kalger - mage is clearly better with blitzer and no body against all the melee forms, if one can be bothered. (I killed kalger a few times on hard mode for gp) in a 5:5 you can hardly tell the difference because the main slowing factor is the switching between phases

switching to blitzer is, in general, only useful against bulwark and sag (and perhaps runebound or kalger phases)
it requires extra apm for almost nothing the vast majority of the time. unless you can do everything else perfectly first in addition to ring switching, don't bother. blazer might still have a use, despite not stacking with combust, but certainly not in abandons. accuracy is already very high against meleers.

emotes - can pgt away about 3 ticks before the completion message, however, you cannot run off the pads if staying in the room. it probably doesn't consider you in a new spot until your teleport animation finishes.

lock melters - should be primarily reserved for emotes, as they use the most team time in a 5:5 by far. in a solo or duo things like monos, barrels, ghosts, etc. are fair game. these are also fair game if 1-way crit in 5:5.
if the mono is at a certain point in relation to melting the door, the room may not be openable. unsure why.
ex 1: activated mono myself immediately, melted door, went through fine
ex 2: did not activate mono at all, melted door, went through
ex 3: queued activated mono a few ticks before I melted door, it was "complete" yet could not go through for ***

Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:56 am
DGS Admin
DGS Admin

RSN: El Bomb
Post Re: Micro Optimization
Just skimmed this but I wouldn't agree that having ability queing on is a good thing. In general i think it is actually a hindrance. Bit harder to do ideal ability rotations and use situational abilities imo

Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:51 pm
Global Mod
Global Mod

RSN: Parselmouth
Bomb wrote:
Just skimmed this but I wouldn't agree that having ability queing on is a good thing. In general i think it is actually a hindrance. Bit harder to do ideal ability rotations and use situational abilities imo

maybe if you are a spastic

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:01 pm

RSN: Yoyoma
2e wrote:

Means what?

Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:49 pm
Queuing has zero downsides when used correctly and has the objective advantage of being able to save a tick every Snipe, also I'll be posting a slightly longer guide covering micro stuff like this after my exams end in about two weeks.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:40 am
DGS Admin
DGS Admin

yes how do u do this elusive 3 tick snipe

Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:42 am

RSN: Free Leech
Tui wrote:
ability queueing should be used as it makes manual much easier.

this is subjective. i find queueing to be very inconvenient and my overall dps is worse when it is on. like bardock said, it is good if you use it correctly because of the 3tick sniping. when you use it incorrectly, there are a number of things that makes queueing worse, such as canceling snipe, an ability will go on cooldown but doesn't actually go off, and losing out on an auto attack.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:06 pm

RSN: Free Leech
Bomb wrote:
yes how do u do this elusive 3 tick snipe

queue an ability right after snipe goes off

Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:11 pm
Global Mod
Global Mod

RSN: Parselmouth
Butterfree wrote:
Tui wrote:
ability queueing should be used as it makes manual much easier.

this is subjective. i find queueing to be very inconvenient and my overall dps is worse when it is on. like bardock said, it is good if you use it correctly because of the 3tick sniping. when you use it incorrectly, there are a number of things that makes queueing worse, such as canceling snipe, an ability will go on cooldown but doesn't actually go off, and losing out on an auto attack.

Jason wrote:
Bomb wrote:

maybe if you are a spastic

Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:45 pm
DGS Admin
DGS Admin

i take it all back 3-tick snipe is nice if u can do it. still **** que'ing, it's fkn awful

Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:51 am

Yoyoma wrote:
2e wrote:

Means what?

if it's far you click surge click and if it's close you escape click. so say you enter East, then it's close because SW square so you just press escape + click it
and the one where u gotta run left might always be click surge click

mono can be melted but only if its same person. so if i activate then i can melt. but if yoyoma activates then I can't melt, only yym can. I hadn't confirmed this before. if it's unactivated anyone can melt.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:52 pm

Skill requirements are based on where you last obtained the item. It is not tied to the item itself. So, meatcorn from a 103 craft room becomes 70 craft once you grab a meatcorn from a 70 craft room, and vice versa. Mostly trivial, but if you've mined 5 rocks for 10s room that are all 105 craft, you can use them all without the pot if you mine only 1 rock from an alternative 10s/3s room. Which could save you mining a few extraneous blocks in this rare scenario.

This is not common knowledge, but some people must've been aware of it already. There is hardly a distinction between it being item-based and it being object-based anyway.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]