View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Welcome
Welcome to XP-Waste!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 much needed updates 

RSN: da 1337 man
Post Re: much needed updates
Jagex just needs to tell us that they support botting. It's obvious they arn't taking too much effort to remove them. They should just offer paid for bots and rs gold in a store to stop players from being scammed.

Dungeoneering could do with some more slayer items too, to mix up binds.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:29 pm

RSN: Everto Malum
Dreadnaught wrote:
jagex just needs to tell us that they support botting. its obvious they arnt taking too much effort to remove them. they should just offer paid for bots and rs gold in a store to stop players from being scammed.

That is a ridiculous idea. They might as well just enable cheat codes if they go that far, the end result will be the same.

Thu May 12, 2011 11:08 pm

RSN: da 1337 man
Everto Malum wrote:
Dreadnaught wrote:
jagex just needs to tell us that they support botting. its obvious they arnt taking too much effort to remove them. they should just offer paid for bots and rs gold in a store to stop players from being scammed.

That is a ridiculous idea. They might as well just enable cheat codes if they go that far, the end result will be the same.

If they arn't going to really put their efforts into reducing the botting threat, why tell us they are? It's wasting both our time and their time. Having Jagex made bots would put other botting services out of business, allow for players who wish to use them the freedom to do so, and keep players accounts safe by not having so many people hacked by shoddy gold selling sites. It would also allow them to stop focusing so much effort into "resisting" the bots and focus more people on updates, potentially.

Jagex could just put in a captcha system to eliminate bots for good. not sure why they haven't done that yet. Random events are too easy to program into a bot.

An update that is really needed is keyboard mapping for shortcuts, such as hitting control p to initiate quick prayer. WOW does this extensively to great benefit of the players. being able to completely customize your user interface is another feature of WOW that could really help Runescape. Addons are another feature from WOW that may be wanted, but are possibly limited due to the fact that it's a browser based game.

Fri May 13, 2011 12:30 am
Tech Admin

Highscores: 10
RSN: Stev Peifer
Dreadnaught wrote:
Jagex could just put in a captcha system to eliminate bots for good. not sure why they haven't done that yet. Random events are too easy to program into a bot.

There's already software that's been developed to beat captcha. :P.

Fri May 13, 2011 6:04 am
Profile WWW
DGS Admin
DGS Admin

RSN: Trollgazer
I fail captcha's half the time so they aren't that much use. Pretty sure software has a high success rate than humans too.

Fri May 13, 2011 7:33 am

RSN: Everto Malum
Apparently you do not remember RSC (or more likely, never played RSC), Dread. They had a terribly vexing system called Fatigue, which was their "solution" to botters.

You'd gain Fatigue for every action and then at 100% you'd be unable to perform many skilling actions, and gain no exp for combat. You'd have to rest and that would require you to enter words using a CAPTCHA like system. Bots beat it almost immediately.

Fri May 13, 2011 11:46 am

RSN: Dicks
COMMON MOTHERFUCKING SENSE SHIT FUCKING GOD DAMN

ALRIGHT 1ST OF ALL FUCKING ****bOTS CAN DO RANDOMS***** RU FUCKTAR

Allow me to restart.

I'd love to see some updates that high level, higher experience players, such as ourselves, well, everyone excluding Soma, notice immediately. We shouldn't have to go develop shit, to get these things done.

Mousekeys. Everyone uses it. Make a game feature. Bind 'remove mahogany table' to 3. Bind spots on the screen. What does not doing that do? It puts 'legitimate' (or retarded, see: me) players at a disadvantage, and, honestly, promotes botting. I'm sure there is at least one person that would do a skill legit, if an EZ-Mousekeys was implemented.

Left-clicking 'Boss' monsters was a step in the right direction. But there really should be a toggle, for certain monsters that don't have a left-click ability. Monsters like Mutated Jadinko Males, for example. They're non-aggro, so you don't get Skullfucked by their 400s while you're AFKing FM down there. However, they're also a pain in the ass, as it's a right click deal. Toggle left-click attack on/off.

Bank space. Self explanatory. They release new content, and include 50 new items. With no bank space. Then reward us with bank space for retarded shit, like registering an email. (Y)

And just, in general, be less gay. Players are so quick to Goldfarm/Stake for IRL/ETC, because no one respects the game anymore, aside from Soma. I'm trying my hardest now, I really am, to refrain from doing 'ill' shit. But the temptation grows and grows, knowing the value of GP is going down (if you're out of touch, sellers are getting as low as 40 cents on the mil now, instead of the previous 80-100). There has to be a reason for this, and there is. People are botting the fuck out of the game. It's good $$.

I recall seeing a YT video where the question was poised - If half the players are bots (which isn't a terrible thing to estimate) would you, if all banned, be willing to pay $10 a month for members, as opposed to $5 a month? I definitely would.

Oh, and stop the fucking sneaky snakery. Release a Katana, with a 3 month membership card (which isn't $5 a month, or $15 for the card. It's what, 20, 25? So if I want the Katana, I'm paying $5-10 straight up for it, as I've got a $5/mo membership fee). Then what, a month, two months later, while you've still got time left, release a Runefest Raffle entry, with every 3 month membership card. The fuck is this shit. This is why you're losing respect, big J.

And most importantly, get better music. This fucking Flute Salad bullshit isn't working anymore.

Call up some fucking good bands, and have them do the tracks for everything in the game. Spawn like, 100 Trillion GP, sell it @ 50/M to some Chinese fuck, tank the market, and have the funds for good music. I used to play D2, and that game, out of any game I recall, had the best music. Get that guy. And Electric Wizard.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:49 am

RSN: Dicks
FIRSTLY, I don't type out my thoughts anymore. I am a vocal person. So if I sound fucking retarded, or shit doesn't flow right, just remember that.

I also had a pretty well thought out idea not too long ago, about some kind of 'Master' Slayer Dungeon.

And I'm not talking no pussy shit like, '10 abbys here, 10 steels here, 10 dark beasts here', I'm talking new gear, new monsters, ETC.

Firstly, I had thought out new Slayer-themed gear. Now, I'm not talking no fucking +15% Plate/Legs. We're talking some +2 Strength pantaloons and +4 Strength T-Shirt, that has a boosting effect when you enter this shit. And, because it's slayer, really LOW defense. We're talking negatives. Like fucking, -50 all mods.

The simple fact, is that Runescape is both boring, and a grind, and therefore botted, because it is too easy. Alching is not hard. That is why it's botted.

As Sir (Loyal Member) IyaJenkei of W70 Varrock West bank will tell you,

Superheating is not challenging, and that is why it's botted. Until your bot fucks up OFC.

Slayer is no longer a challenge with things like incredibly cheap prayer potions, incredibly high defense armors, incredibly high DPS weapons, ETC ETC. It's just out of date.

Give us some 'Brutal' Dark Beasts. Make them level 350, give them a fucking Cubone helmet made out of Rune. Toss on a magic attack, that they use if their melee attack is being blocked. Max hit, fucking, 450, with the occasional special. What would that do? IT'D FUCKING KEEP YOU INTERESTED, AND ON YOUR FEET Drops? Attachments for previous slayer weapons. Jadinkos were a good start, but with a shitty reward. Require 99 Slayer for all of these monsters, and 95+ for all of the attachments. Make the D Bow the new CCB. Fuck a Divine. But don't Zaryte it up. Remember everyone has full void and a deflector. 120 Ranged attack, 115 ranged strength 2h < 150 Ranged Attack, ~100 Ranged Strength, faster 1H. Remember that shield slot is worth dicktons.

We really shouldn't be bored players grinding our way to particles. We should be particle-ridden players enjoying slaying bosses attentively.

Runescape should be respectable enough to run in full screen with all 3 types of in-game sounds on, instead of the 500x500 box in the corner you kind of play, while you watch TV and/or listen to Music.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:07 am

RSN: Madman1391
^ probably the most epic post in this whole thread, although Gregs comes a close second

Overall i think jagex needs to stop being lazy as shit, instead of coding a fix for nex solo's they threw a band-aid over it and thus made it harder for legitimate small teams. i know theres pleanty of other examples but i cant think of any off the top of my head.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:22 pm
Tech Admin

RSN: Witch King Obtaurian, Dark Lord of the Sith
I lol'd so fucking hard ^

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:09 pm

RSN: Mr_recci
Anyway, another suggestion: Make it so you can right click tele on your cramulet while wielding it. Instead of taking it off and pressing teleport

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3