View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:23 am

Welcome
Welcome to XP-Waste!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Points-based Ranking System 
Researcher
Researcher

RSN: Meredith
Post Points-based Ranking System

We've made the decision to stop basing our ranks entirely on clan xp and start using a points system. This change will allow people who positively contribute to the clan to be rewarded for their actions while still encouraging clan members to gain xp.

How do I get points?
Points are awarded for a number of activities, including:

You can also lose points if your actions are deemed detrimental to the clan. Possible offenses include:

• Failing to call an avatar
  • Flaming or seriously offensive language
  • Serious trolling
  • Portraying a highly negative appearance of the clan

How will ranks work?
Ranks will now be based on how many points a clan member has earned instead of how much clan xp he or she has earned. In general, the ranks are essentially the same, though it is now easier to rise through the ranks.

• Recruit - 0 points
  • Corporal - 2 point
  • Sergeant - 5 points
  • Lieutenant - 10 points
  • Captain - 15 points
  • General - 25 points
  • Admin - 50 points
  • Organizer - 75 points
  • Coordinator - 125 points
  • Overseer - 200 points

Deputy owner is reserved for clan leaders.

Avatar warden will be given to any player who has earned 50 or more points and has proven that they can handle the responsibility of holding an avatar.

Ranks above general will not be given to players who have shown that they cannot handle the responsibility of being able to kick other clan members.

Note: Players who have been unfairly removed from the clan and lost clan xp as a result can provide documentation of their lost xp and have it added to their current clan xp.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:18 pm
Efficiency Expert Admin

RSN: Bxpprod
Post Re: Points-based Ranking System
Deputy Owner: 300 points

Please confirm disparity between Gunnar's post and your post, and determine which is correct.

Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:04 am
Researcher
Researcher

bxpprod wrote:
Deputy Owner: 300 points

Please confirm disparity between Gunnar's post and your post, and determine which is correct.

This one is correct

Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:33 am

RSN: DuckDeLuxe
Quote:
Making video guides for the Efficiency Experts YouTube channel

How is that going to work exactly?

As in, say i make a video guide.

Who judges it to make sure its the best method & a good video? Do we post on our own youtube channels as unlisted and get feedback from everyone?

Also how would you be able to trust people with the channel password, as any rank may come forward with a video which is deemed worthy to post and in the future when the channel has a built up collection of them, how can you be sure to trust that many people with it? Or are we going to have to send the video to someone in particular? Or do we just talk to Powr about getting a spot on his YT schedule list and he will do everything from there?

Also could we link the EE youtube link/subscribe link on our own videos or does it solely have to be on the EE official channel to count?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:54 pm
Efficiency Expert Admin

RSN: Powr
It should generally work like this:

1. You contact me with a video guide topic and tell me when it can definitely be done (be conservative). I add it to the schedule.
2. If it's a skilling guide, before you make it we talk a little about the methods included, get advice from other clanmates, Gunnar, etc for quality assurance.
3. You make the guide, hopefully with a voice over or subtitles. We'll try to help you with basic editing if necessary.
4. Send me the finished product and I'll upload it to the EE YouTube channel and publish it on the scheduled date.
5. You get points! The number of points awarded will probably vary depending on the amount of work that went into the guide, its production value, and level of detail. A 2 minute cribs video filmed on your phone probably won't get as many points as a 5 minute Slayer guide.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:00 pm
Efficiency Expert Admin

It will have to be on the EE YouTube channel to count, but you are welcome to post it on your own channel as soon as it is finished. It will then also be posted on the EE channel with a link to your channel if you want. You can also link to the EE channel if you'd like.

I also forgot to mention that we are making a 5 second EE intro that will be added to all the videos posted on the channel.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:04 pm
Efficiency Expert Admin

UPDATE:

The points system can now be viewed at this link.

Gold names represent trimmed completionist cape owners, who receive a 25 point bonus for their efforts.
Silver names represent completionist cape owners, who receive a 5 point bonus for their efforts.

Defy Juice will be responsible for maintaining the list of comp/trimmers. In order to receive credit for your cape, arrange to meet with him in game to verify your achievement.

All clan members will receive 1 merit point on the first of each month for their continued loyalty to the clan. Demerits will be counted against your merit score. Merit points can also be earned for making written and video guides as well as other videos for the EE YouTube channel, with the number of points awarded to be determined by myself or Meredith.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:43 pm

RSN: Ice
Commodore wrote:
UPDATE:

Gold names represent trimmed completionist cape owners, who receive a 25 point bonus for their efforts.
Silver names represent completionist cape owners, who receive a 5 point bonus for their efforts.

Defy Juice will be responsible for maintaining the list of comp/trimmers. In order to receive credit for your cape, arrange to meet with him in game to verify your achievement.

All clan members will receive 1 merit point on the first of each month for their continued loyalty to the clan. Demerits will be counted against your merit score. Merit points can also be earned for making written and video guides as well as other videos for the EE YouTube channel, with the number of points awarded to be determined by myself or Meredith.

What if I'm scared of Defy Juice?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:56 am
Researcher
Researcher

Yoski wrote:
Commodore wrote:
UPDATE:

Then I'll do it

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:33 am
DGS Reviewer
DGS Reviewer

RSN: Bu11seye00
Hedgehog wrote:
Yoski wrote:
Commodore wrote:
UPDATE:

Then I'll do it

Disaster

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:03 am
Tech Admin

RSN: Witch King Obtaurian, Dark Lord of the Sith
Logging in just to say that I really like this system for a skilling-based clan - well done.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:02 pm
Researcher
Researcher

Not sure if anyone noticed, but the url of the points page has change to http://xpw-beta.com/clans/EE/points.php. Adjust bookmarks accordingly.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:48 pm

RSN: Rugmonkey
Just fyi, I get

at the top of the page on http://xpw-beta.com/clans/EE/points.php

Edit: and everyone whose name has a space in it has "Â" before the space, ie "M A R T" or "Tki Deneb"
Edit2: and when trying to update, i got this message Image (although after going back using browser, clan xp points had updated)

Thu May 22, 2014 2:58 am
Researcher
Researcher

I switched hosts and the new host uses a different version of PHP. This is a good thing, but, as you can see, it causes some errors. I'll get them fixed as quickly as I can. If you run into any errors in the future, please pm me and I'll fix them too.

Edit: I couldn't reproduce the space issue, but everything else is fixed.

Thu May 22, 2014 5:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]