View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:29 am

Welcome
Welcome to XP-Waste!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Misc Trivial Dg info 

RSN: T̆̔͐ͩͭ̆̐͛́̃͆͋̚u͚̦ǐ̓
Post Misc Trivial Dg info
This thread is for posting small bits of info that don't really belong anywhere that I haven't ever remembered to archive outside of meta.

If everyone goes to the lobby during a fl, any “This floor will end in x minutes” will no longer appear/activate. This can be used to do floors avoiding messages that you do not have enough teammates, or for a last seconds-soulgazer encounter. It should be noted that if everyone but 1 person ends and this method is used, only that person can end the floor, if they rq the floor is unendable.

Others can obviously post things they remember on it, I will just be using this thread to save almost useless tips on xp-waste. I will edit whenever I remember something, perhaps even use the first post for a list of all inc what others post.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:13 am
Tech Admin

RSN: Calisme
Post Re: Misc Trivial Dg info
If the group gatestone is on top of a rock(such as your sig) or on a spike in a groove room, you cannot teleport to it, but casting the spell still consumes your law runes.

Having a rager summoned can ruin or massively delay solo mono.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:04 am

RSN: iBe
You can kill all of the mages in the Thundy room without waking up Thundy using Blood necklaces. :D

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:26 am
Tech Admin

RSN: Ctediz
Some doors in monos can be enters

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:39 pm

RSN: Voxes
You can hex monos without having the shades hit the mono now.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:36 am
DGS Floorgazer
DGS Floorgazer

RSN: Orchi
BN can kill stomp/icefiend early again.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:11 am
Tech Admin

Toggling production dialog off helps making runes at base

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:18 am
Researcher
Researcher

RSN: metta
Since a hood is a piece of magic based equipment wearing it will reduce your dps a bit if you are using range or melee (more so range). Although its not a big decrease you might want to mention it in the 3rd bind guide whenever it gets revamped/if hood is added as a 3rd bind option.

Witch King Obtaurian, Dark Lord of the Sith wrote:
I am better than Aero Dreamz

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:37 am
Tech Admin

RSN: Calisme
I don't have proof of either of these, but:

Monos/ramos/ghosts are more likely than the average room to directly dead end.

When 3stats/monos/10stats/etc have enter/skill doors, the path past that door is always bonus.

Someone prove me wrong on the 2nd one please.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 pm

When I said "trivial" I did not mean "retarded/obvious/unreliable info"

Quote:
Having a rager summoned can ruin or massively delay solo mono.

This falls under "familiars can draw aggro", which people should know, but is covered in bosses guide, specifically in ballak I'm pretty sure, if not it's been mentioned a lot, and it's no longer relevant to solo monos... maybe if you're really bad..

Quote:
Some doors in monos can be enters

covered in guides

Quote:
BN can kill stomp/icefiend early again.

Thanks, but it only couldn't for a week.. w/e

Quote:
Since a hood is a piece of magic based equipment wearing it will reduce your dps a bit if you are using range or melee (more so range). Although its not a big decrease you might want to mention it in the 3rd bind guide whenever it gets revamped/if hood is added as a 3rd bind option.

ok... yes... we aren't stupid but thanks? idk I don't mean to be mean but I feel like this thread is retarded, if you have nothing meaningful to say don't post on it.

Quote:
Monos/ramos/ghosts are more likely than the average room to directly dead end.

confirmation bias/you're retarded

Quote:
When 3stats/monos/10stats/etc have enter/skill doors, the path past that door is always bonus.

10s don't even do this, and the frequency of this is so low that you'd believe this because in the 2 times you can remember seeing it they were both bonus.
That said, I can think of one time I'm pretty sure was crit 3s skill door, but I will not absolutely reject it until I see it proven wrong and will pay more attention to this rare situation.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:09 pm
Researcher
Researcher

RSN: metta
Tui wrote:
Quote:

ok... yes... we aren't stupid but thanks? idk I don't mean to be mean but I feel like this thread is retarded, if you have nothing meaningful to say don't post on it.

You are being mean. I wasn't aware everyone knew that using the wrong style equipment lowered attack. Furthermore most people don't know that only head/torso/shield/legs count towards reducing attack bonuses, did you know that? Did you know that wearing the hood is around 12% attack roll reduction for melee and 8% attack roll for ranged? I mentioned it because people are still adapting to the new system not because they are "stupid".

Witch King Obtaurian, Dark Lord of the Sith wrote:
I am better than Aero Dreamz

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:17 pm

This isn't a guide, this is an archive of miscellaneous information. To me, it sounded like you were being condescending towards dgs ranks & the work that goes into the guides. That sort of information is better suited to other threads. I am sorry that I misunderstood you.

I have a document of some misc info somewhere & as I remember other things I'll be sure to add info to this thread.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:27 pm
Tech Admin

Aarib wrote:
Sorry if this is obvious: the person tanking a boss which is able to move(curse, gravecreeper etc), should stand under it so when people use the Slaughter threshold, you inflict 3x the damage and not just base damage.

And people should let him know when they used the ability

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:04 pm
DGS Floorgazer
DGS Floorgazer

you can dual wield in dg with flameburst defender!

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 am
Tech Admin

RSN: Durant
the richochet ability can attack 2 shades in a mono at once ( not sure about how far the distance between the shades is allowed ).

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 am

RSN: [empty]
In Ghost rooms, currently, you do not have to attack the ghost in which the spirit inhabits. You can simply brute force any ghost and kill it.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:40 pm
DGS Floorgazer
DGS Floorgazer

Ghrim wrote:
In Ghost rooms, currently, you do not have to attack the ghost in which the spirit inhabits. You can simply brute force any ghost and kill it.

This is very well known and existed pre-eoc. Non-spirited ghost just have really high defense. It's dumb to not focus on spirited ghost.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Orki wrote:
Ghrim wrote:

This is very well known and existed pre-eoc. Non-spirited ghost just have really high defense. It's dumb to not focus on spirited ghost.

Maybe pre-eoc that was evident. But with multiple people in ghost room there is no point not too. The defense difference between spirit and non is very minimal. You can kill a non spirited just as fast.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:57 am

the statement about the skill door inside of mono/statue room etc is false...

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:58 pm
DGS Floorgazer
DGS Floorgazer

RSN: Boothy_UK
xx gotcha wrote:
the statement about the skill door inside of mono/statue room etc is false...

evidence?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next