View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:54 am

Welcome
Welcome to XP-Waste!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Hunter Research 
Researcher
Researcher

RSN: Meredith
Post Re: Hunter Research
Accuracy w/o bear: 66.7%-78.7%

Accuracy w/ bear: 80.8%-89.8%

I assumed that traps falling over was from them timing out. This is caused by a low attraction accuracy (meaning the jadinkos don't even walk into the trap).

The rate of collapses is roughly the same for both trials, so I'm led to believe that hunter level doesn't affect attraction. There's not enough data to say anything for certain, though.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:28 pm

RSN: Leaaf
Does scentless potion affect the rate of attraction, or of successfully trapping? I assume it's the former.

Sun May 06, 2012 1:29 pm
Researcher
Researcher

I have no data on that :p but if I were the one coding it, I'd have made scentless only affect attraction.

Sun May 06, 2012 1:47 pm
Researcher
Researcher

It appears that draconics (probably other jadinkos too) always spawn north of where they died. I'm about 85% certain. If someone could help me confirm it, that'd be awesome.

So the best trap arrangement will focus on having all traps 1 tick apart and on having the jad touch as many traps as possible when it spawns.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:19 pm

RSN: scherzo
I can confirm that meredith. Also, while you can wait for them to respawn, they'll respawn at once if you collect trap. So for a good hunter rate, you'll want to keep that in mind while hunting.

Also if I watched my hunting correctly, a trap won't attract a jadinko before some time has passed. I don't know how long time that is. Only a few seconds though.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:44 pm
Researcher
Researcher

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:09 pm
DGS Keyer
DGS Keyer

RSN: UK Hell Yes
Paul wrote:
Damn it, I just did 90-99 hunter 10 days ago. I'll hop on and post what trap setup I used.

Edit:

totally off topic but how did you get your taskbar like that, i don't like the little squres ;_;

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:20 pm
Researcher
Researcher

RSN: metta
Mod Ash posted a fair bit of information about hunter. Thankfully Bruno noticed. http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c ... =Mod%A0Ash
At one stage how far away you were from a trap and whether you had camouflage mattered but now, since 2010, neither of these matter. He says directly that this is currently the case.
Main quote

Witch King Obtaurian, Dark Lord of the Sith wrote:
I am better than Aero Dreamz

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:43 pm

RSN: n/a
I thought I would offer some information about hunter for you research guys.

Please note: It is possible this information is out of date if Jagex have made some changes.

The information I have comes from hunting red chinchompas, but I think a lot of it would apply to jadinko's in a similar way.

A lot of the focus seems to be on the optimum trap set-up, which is only one part of this. I'm not actually going to comment on the trap set-up's you are discussing. Instead I will talk about chin behaviour (that is hopefully applicable to jadinko's), which is very important.

A chin will not enter a fresh trap. If you just set up a trap it will take a few seconds for the chin to engage with the trap. It also appears that a chin will not engage with a trap that is old i.e. a trap that will soon collapse. Therefore, there is a window of time when a trap will most likely “suck” a chin in. Using this information you can develop a technique that makes sure your traps never get too old (as this would be wasting time being set up as they will not catch a chin) and keeps them in the optimum catching window. The technique involves constantly going round and picking up and re-setting all your traps in a certain order whether they have a chin caught in them or not. Its actually quite funny, because most of the time the chin will get caught in the traps in the order you go around and re-set them, further showing this optimum catching window exists.

The method is used on a single chin spawn (and preferably a full world for the best spawn rates) and the idea is that as soon as it spawns it gets sucked into and caught into one of your traps.

Here is the pattern that is used. The “x” is the chins spawn location and the numbers are where the traps are set up; I'm sure you've seen the layout before. The numbers are the order of going round to pick up the traps. The order is like this rather than say going round in a circle to prevent a gap being present in an area in the time when a chin can run out of the area without getting sucked into a trap.

I'm not suggesting you use this layout for jadinko's, but it is just to illustrate the point for chins.

This kind of technique doesn’t actually get you the “max” xp possible, but it does give you an xp/hr close to max that is consistent, which is the important part. The method to get “max” xp/hr for chins is variable, so while at times it can be higher than using this technique, it can also be lower if you're not very experienced and start to hesitate. The idea is that all hesitation and the time lost by this is countered by keeping to the set pattern. Obviously this chin method involves shooting chins that manage to escape your trapping area, but there’s not much point mentioning that as you cant shoot jadinko's!

Anyway, I hope you can take some useful things from this and apply it to your jadinko research.

Zilfur

Last edited by Hedgehog on Sat May 18, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fixed image

Sat May 18, 2013 5:12 am
Researcher
Researcher

I don't think that setup is applicable to jadinkos, because their spawn points are dynamic rather than static.

What you said regarding "windows" is interesting. We believe that old plants not attracting as well is because they failed to attract a jadinko earlier and thus can no longer attempt to attract that jadinko again. Occasionally, you get times when a jadinko is immune to all 5 traps because of this. Picking them up and putting them down fixes it.

I'm not sure how to explain why it takes a set amount of time for a creature to be attracted. I personally haven't noticed it, but I'll keep an eye out.

As always, I appreciate your effort, and I hope that you continue to research in the future.

Sat May 18, 2013 10:07 pm
Researcher
Researcher

RSN: metta
Hedgehog wrote:
It appears that draconics (probably other jadinkos too) always spawn north of where they died. I'm about 85% certain. If someone could help me confirm it, that'd be awesome.

So the best trap arrangement will focus on having all traps 1 tick apart and on having the jad touch as many traps as possible when it spawns.

I didn't feel the need to formally confirm this until today. Gemeos said he saw them spawn east, west and northeast. I told him that they run around immediately after spawning which makes it look like they spawned elsewhere but he was sure they were spawning in positions other than north.

First I want to show that Jadinkos can spawn inside the vines. I had seen it before when hunting igneous jadinkos but here are some images of it

When using this traps set against the north vine I commonly saw them inside the vine. They can run out of the vines but not into them.

I did 2 tests to confirm that they don't spawn east, west or south.

I used this retarded looking setup
I caught 19 with this trap setup and they never spawned inside the vine. Each trap setup has at least 1 vine spot beside it. Assuming they spawn north-east-south-west equally commonly there is a 0.75 chance of them not spwaning inside the vine. Therefore there is a 0.75^19=0.0042 chance that they coincidentally never spawned inside the vine.

Next I just used this 1 trap
I caught 12 here and none spawned inside the vine. There's a 0.5 chance of them not spawning inside the vine. Therefore there is a 0.5^12=0.00024 chance that they coincidentally never spawned inside the vine.

Witch King Obtaurian, Dark Lord of the Sith wrote:
I am better than Aero Dreamz

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:21 pm
DGS Admin
DGS Admin

RSN: El Bomb
I like ur sig Thai. Also that is actually kind of interesting

Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage