The Dominion Tower allows accomplished combatants the chance to revisit some of the best boss fights in RuneScape in an awe-inspiring new environment, with challenging handicaps, all-new scenarios and some great rewards:
- Climber mode allows you to ascend through the levels of the tower, facing a randomly chosen boss scenario on each floor. After each victory, an effect will be applied and will persist through all subsequent fights in that attempt. While a few of these will be beneficial, most of them will be handicaps. You’ll be able to replenish food and change equipment between fights, so how high will hubris take you?
- Endurance mode restricts your access to the bank after each fight, so whatever you take in needs to last. This mode is a true test of tenacity.
- Special mode presents a range of challenging, treacherous and, often, weird encounters with which to test your skill and ingenuity. Fancy fighting Count Draynor, Elvarg, and their miscreant buddies with nothing but your fists and a bunch of explosives? How about 15 Evil Chickens? Think you can beat down Nomad twice in a row? We’d love to see you try!
- Freestyle mode lets you fight on your own terms. There are no rewards for using this mode, but it’s a great way to cut your teeth for the big leagues, or just show off fighting a boss under your own crazily difficult rules.
- Spectator mode allows you to view the fights of another player whom you’ve tagged with your dominion talisman. Cheer on your friends, celebrate their victories and wince sympathetically as they’re pummelled into the ground.
Rewards include: weapons and explosives to be used in the tower; a dominion marker to show off your accomplishments and to give you a boost when fighting other bosses; combat XP; a fierce dreadnip companion, and all-new melee, ranged and magic gloves to be used outside the tower. These degradable gloves are some of the most powerful you can get your hands on (or in) and look brilliant.
Most of all, have fun...and fight to win!
How to start Dominion Tower:
From Shantay Pass, cross the northernmost bridge to the east bank of the River Elid. The entrance is just to the north. Once you’ve travelled there, speak to the face of the tower for a medallion that’ll teleport you back.
- Level 110 Combat
- At least 20 of the following quests. The more of these you have completed, the more bosses will be available to fight in the tower:
A Void Dance Love Story
Between a Rock... Missing My Mummy
Blood Runs Deep Monkey Madness
The Chosen Commander Mountain Daughter
Contact! My Arm's Big Adventure
The Curse of Arrav Nomad's Requiem
Demon Slayer Recipe For Disaster
Desert Treasure Shadow of the Storm
Dealing with Scabaras Spirits of the Elid
Dragon Slayer The Great Brain Robbery
Dream Mentor The Temple at Senntisten
The Family Crest Toktz-Ket-Dill
Fight Arena Troll Romance
The Fremennik Trials Troll Stronghold
Haunted Mine Vampyre Slayer
The Holy Grail The Void Stares Back
Horror from the Deep Wanted!
Legends' Quest While Guthix Sleeps
In Other News...
- There’s still a week left to obtain your Halloween items if you’ve yet to attend Deathcon II!
- Clan Citadel battlefields now have new rune and arrow spawn points.
- A huge thanks for all of your feedback on Dominion Tower at Runefest! There were some great suggestions, and we'll be working to implement the best of these over the coming weeks and months. Be sure to look out for the new, competition-winning boss too!
* Saxon headgear no longer stretches on female characters.
Skills & Minigames:
* The message given in the Circus relating to not being given XP for certain moves has been altered to make it clearer why a player isn't receiving XP.
* A spelling error when receiving the trickster hood has been corrected.
* The blessed god books now all mention the god that they represent.
* The scroll of rigour Dungeoneering reward now has consistent capitalisation.
* Neite's name is now spelt correctly in Ritual of the Mahjarrat.
* The veteran emote "V" no longer disappears when casting High Alchemy.
* The completionist cape now uses correct grammar when a player only has 1 music track left to unlock.
* Using a sacred clay knife on blisterwood logs no longer gives a "Nothing interesting happens" message.
RIP Mister Sonic, Apr 16 2012 - Sept 22 2012.
and YET AGAIN on Dec 22 2012.