You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!
The Dominion Tower allows accomplished combatants the chance to revisit some of the best boss fights in RuneScape in an awe-inspiring new environment, with challenging handicaps, all-new scenarios and some great rewards:
- Climber mode allows you to ascend through the levels of the tower, facing a randomly chosen boss scenario on each floor. After each victory, an effect will be applied and will persist through all subsequent fights in that attempt. While a few of these will be beneficial, most of them will be handicaps. You’ll be able to replenish food and change equipment between fights, so how high will hubris take you?
- Endurance mode restricts your access to the bank after each fight, so whatever you take in needs to last. This mode is a true test of tenacity.
- Special mode presents a range of challenging, treacherous and, often, weird encounters with which to test your skill and ingenuity. Fancy fighting Count Draynor, Elvarg, and their miscreant buddies with nothing but your fists and a bunch of explosives? How about 15 Evil Chickens? Think you can beat down Nomad twice in a row? We’d love to see you try!
- Freestyle mode lets you fight on your own terms. There are no rewards for using this mode, but it’s a great way to cut your teeth for the big leagues, or just show off fighting a boss under your own crazily difficult rules.
- Spectator mode allows you to view the fights of another player whom you’ve tagged with your dominion talisman. Cheer on your friends, celebrate their victories and wince sympathetically as they’re pummelled into the ground.
Rewards include: weapons and explosives to be used in the tower; a dominion marker to show off your accomplishments and to give you a boost when fighting other bosses; combat XP; a fierce dreadnip companion, and all-new melee, ranged and magic gloves to be used outside the tower. These degradable gloves are some of the most powerful you can get your hands on (or in) and look brilliant.
Most of all, have fun...and fight to win!
How to start Dominion Tower:
From Shantay Pass, cross the northernmost bridge to the east bank of the River Elid. The entrance is just to the north. Once you’ve travelled there, speak to the face of the tower for a medallion that’ll teleport you back.
- Level 110 Combat
- At least 20 of the following quests. The more of these you have completed, the more bosses will be available to fight in the tower:
A Void Dance Love Story Between a Rock... Missing My Mummy Blood Runs Deep Monkey Madness The Chosen Commander Mountain Daughter Contact! My Arm's Big Adventure The Curse of Arrav Nomad's Requiem Demon Slayer Recipe For Disaster Desert Treasure Shadow of the Storm Dealing with Scabaras Spirits of the Elid Dragon Slayer The Great Brain Robbery Dream Mentor The Temple at Senntisten The Family Crest Toktz-Ket-Dill Fight Arena Troll Romance The Fremennik Trials Troll Stronghold Haunted Mine Vampyre Slayer The Holy Grail The Void Stares Back Horror from the Deep Wanted! Legends' Quest While Guthix Sleeps Lost City
In Other News...
- There’s still a week left to obtain your Halloween items if you’ve yet to attend Deathcon II!
- Clan Citadel battlefields now have new rune and arrow spawn points.
- A huge thanks for all of your feedback on Dominion Tower at Runefest! There were some great suggestions, and we'll be working to implement the best of these over the coming weeks and months. Be sure to look out for the new, competition-winning boss too!
* Saxon headgear no longer stretches on female characters.
Skills & Minigames:
* The message given in the Circus relating to not being given XP for certain moves has been altered to make it clearer why a player isn't receiving XP. * A spelling error when receiving the trickster hood has been corrected.
* The blessed god books now all mention the god that they represent. * The scroll of rigour Dungeoneering reward now has consistent capitalisation. * Neite's name is now spelt correctly in Ritual of the Mahjarrat. * The veteran emote "V" no longer disappears when casting High Alchemy. * The completionist cape now uses correct grammar when a player only has 1 music track left to unlock. * Using a sacred clay knife on blisterwood logs no longer gives a "Nothing interesting happens" message.
Here's all of the buffs, in order. If you nudge, it goes DOWN my list, so eg No potions and you nudge you'll get life saver. No special Reduced Magic Defence Random Daze Poison Reduced range defence No power ups No potions Life Saver Reduced Melee Attack No Shield No food Reduced Melee Defence Random Freeze Halved LP No Body Armor Reduced Range Attack No familiar Monster Stun No Prayers Slippery Fingers Reduced Magic Attack Disease
No Power-ups Reduced Range Defense Poison Random Daze Reduced Magic Defence No Special Attacks Disease Reduced Magic Attack Slippery Fingers No Prayers Monster Stun No Familiar Reduced Range Attack No Body Armour Halved Hitpoints Random Freeze Reduced Melee Defence No Food No Shield Reduced Melee Attack Lifesaver No Potions
Some notes: -You CANNOT use your own balmung or silver/darklight or korasi. -The crossbow is very common, degrades very fast, and DOES NOT consume bolts. I have no idea what it's range strength is. -On Endurance, you cannot get class A bosses: Nomad, Do no evil, zeneviva, decaying avatar, nomad, and dagganoth mother 2.
Nobody can seem to get nomad, so I can't get the melee gloves for now. The gloves come in black, white, yellow, and red, and you can get 1 pair of gloves (exclusively) per 5 floors you complete after getting 500 boss kills. So, it actually took 510 kills to get these 2 pairs. I haven't tested the durability, but the gloves are relatively easy to obtain (3-5 mins per pair after initial cost). Note the gloves aren't bugged; that's my char model.
I also have 6 journal pages, which isn't even half. It seems to be around a 1/16 chance per time you open the chest, so in theory, it is best to do 1-2 floors, open chest, and repeat. I don't know if Nomad is restricted to certain climber levels, so I was going from anywhere between 6 and 12, depending on my handicaps, before resetting.
Dreadnips are kinda neat. They aren't quite a familiar but act like a very short-lasting familiar. They poison for 110 damage, deal melee damage for up to a little over 300, and can bind an enemy. They work in single combat, but it is very buggy, and they seem to take the monster's aggressiveness away. This could be useful.
The ascendancy mines are interesting also. You can lay up to 2 per minute and deal ~1/5 of a monster's hp in damage. It doesn't work on bosses, but the notable feature about these is that they do not cause a monster to become aggressive on you. Again, could be useful, but I can't think of much right now.
I had a similar problem. I got stuck in the Dominion Tower when I logged out in the middle of an Endurance trial. After that, I could not log in past the lobby.
I could log in on my F2P noob fishing account from the same computer.
I logged in on one of my son's computers, and was able to access beyond the lobby. So I got out of the Dominion Tower and banked my gear at Mobilizing Armies bank. After that, I had no more issues with banking.
I'd strongly suggest to anyone that's having issues logging in past the lobby to try and gain access to the same account from another computer and see if that helps.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum